|Employment and Counseling |
Our Employment and Counseling practice provides a broad range of legal services regarding employment issues. Our primary objective is to assist companies and individuals in anticipating and preventing workplace problems and to counsel each client through the difficult employment situations when they do occur. When litigation is necessary, we take pride in being able to offer our clients unbroken and consistent representation on the matter, in contrast with many other small firms which require clients to retain separate, outside litigation counsel. |
We counsel clients, conduct employee/manager trainings and assist in the preparation of related policies and materials on issues such as:
We also have extensive experience in counseling clients on policies and measures to minimize exposure to discrimination and harassment claims, including race, age, gender, pregnancy, disability, religion, marital status, citizenship, national origin, sexual harassment and sexual orientation. In addition, we have experience conducting initial investigations into allegations of discrimination and/or harassment, as well as defending against such claims.
- Employment applications;
- Executive employment and separation agreements;
- Contracts, including sales commissions, consulting and independent contractor agreements;
- Work force reductions;
- Breach of contract and wrongful termination;
- Personnel handbooks;
- Laws relating to wage, hour, and overtime;
- Family Medical Leave Act and personal leave;
- OSHA and employee safety regulations;
- Privacy issues; and
- Drug and alcohol abuse.
Further, we counsel clients on the workplace aspects of protecting intellectual property and trade secrets. In this regard, we provide the following services:
- Drafting and reviewing agreements regarding confidentiality, invention assignments and covenants not to compete or not to solicit;
- Evaluating and/or preparing security plans and procedures; and
- Counseling regarding employee raiding or misappropriation.